Monday, January 18, 2010

Your curent security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page?

This is the error I get when I try to visit some websites. I enabled activex in IE-toots-internet options and I selected the lower level of security.I have only Yahoo messenger installed on my computer. I use windows xp. I just installed a fresh copy of it. I have no firewall. What can I do?Your curent security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page?
To find ActiveX settings: In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Internet Options. Select the Security tab. Be sure the Internet zone is selected. Click the Custom Level button. In the window, scroll down to 'ActiveX controls and plug-ins.' There are five settings here. Your ActiveX controls should be set to:





1.'Download signed ActiveX controls'鈥攕et to 'Prompt.' Signed ActiveX controls from a known organization and are considered safe. But you still want to be asked/prompted about this since there may be some sites (using signed ActiveX controls) that you may not want download into your computer. This prompt will give you that option.





2.'Download unsigned ActiveX controls'鈥攕et to 'Disable.' This will prevent the downloading of unsigned controls.





3.'Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe'鈥攕et to 'Disable.'





4.'Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins'鈥攕et to 'Enable.' This will prevent you from being repeatedly prompted once you have accepted them.





5.'Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting'鈥攕et to 'Enable.' Ditto鈥攐nce I have accepted them, do not prompt me about them repeatedly.Your curent security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page?
U don't have to put secuirity level to minimum.


U can still make it work if u go on Internet explorer : Tools-%26gt;Internet Options.


then Secuirity tab and press the button Custom Level.


Then as a list will appear choose ';run Active x control ... blabla';


It'll work!


PS Don't put it secuirity level ';minimum';

No comments:

Post a Comment