Monday, January 18, 2010

In Word 2002 I have lost a menu item - FILE>PRINT, so I can't control the pages that I print?

I use this menu item for printing of booklets. I also use it to print on both sides of the page.


I have tried to fix the problem by using the original disk and choosing the FIX item. But it does not make the FILE %26gt; PRINT item return. I have NOT tried to remove the program and re-install. This item does not work on OLD documents that I have used it on before, or on new documents that I have just started. Can you help me fix my problem? I am using Windows XP and Office XP.In Word 2002 I have lost a menu item - FILE%26gt;PRINT, so I can't control the pages that I print?
Click the arrow at the bottom of the menu; it should appear.


If it does not, do the following:





- Right click on any toolbar and click customize.


- Click the commands tab


- Click the File menu on the Menu bar


- In the dialog box, click on File in the right pane.


- Drag Print... from the left pane to any desired location on the file menu you opened previously.


- Click close in the dialog box to save your changes.In Word 2002 I have lost a menu item - FILE%26gt;PRINT, so I can't control the pages that I print?
have you clicked the arrow at the bottom of the file menu to pull up seldom used items. If that does not work try using Control P
You can press CTRL+P and it should do the same thing.
Is just hidden? are you seeing a down arrow at the bottom of the menu, if so, mouse over it and it should re-appear.





As an alternative use Ctrl + p as it's calls the print dialog box too, where the toolbar one just prints to the default printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment